To be THE resource for all things related to the manufacturing & supply chain industries by providing advocacy, awareness, education, and partnerships throughout the mid-Florida region.
Strengthen and grow manufacturing & supply chain organizations in the mid-Florida region.
Benefits of Membership:
- High Value/No Cost Assessments
- Business Growth Services
- Network of State-Wide Regional Manufacturers Associations (RMA)
- Bi-monthly Meeting with keynote speakers and timely topics
- Workforce Development Financial Assistance
- Legislative Updates
The leadership of the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Alliance of Mid-Florida, formerly Polk Manufacturing Association (PMA), is working to find ways that we can collaborate and encourage each other to effectively face and overcome the many challenges facing us. We know that manufacturing is a key contributor to the local and national economy, and we also know that we need to work together to ensure our common success. The leadership is continuing to provide an action-oriented agenda. We want to increase our membership and increase our influence.
During 2009, we joined forces with the Manufacturers Association of Florida (MAF), adding linkages at the state and national level. In 2012, we branched out to include the supply chain and logistics businesses in the area.
Our past accomplishments have included:
– Launching a consortium-based apprenticeship program, making high-quality maintenance training available to members at a reduced cost by working together with Polk State Corporate College. The first Maintenance Skills classes started in March 2010.
– Expanding the membership through a focused outreach campaign within the manufacturing community, vendors and suppliers, and government and economic agencies.
Board of Directors
President – Larry Bull, President & CEO, Createch Design
Executive Director – Patti Gander
Director of Membership – Bill Crowe
- Vice President – Edward Baranski, Director of Operations, Givaudan
- Treasurer – Richard “Dick” Pellegrini, Owner, Pilgrim & Associates
- Secretary – Nolen Bailey, Regional Director, CPS Investment Advisors
- Brian Herrera, President, Ferrera Tooling
- Matt Ruthven, Leasing/ Development, The Ruthvens
- Robert Pericht, Saddle Creek Corporation
- Tony Martinez, Account Executive, Stahl Herndon & Associates
- Howard Drake, Polk State College, Banner Center for Advanced Manufacturing
- Kevin Bailey, General Manager, MaxPak
- Angie Ruff, Owner, Compass Blending
– Florida is home to 14,181 manufacturing establishments that employ 329,000 Floridians with an average wage of $47,500.
– Florida manufacturing jobs represent 4.8% of Florida’s employment and pay 89.4% of the national average.
– Florida manufacturers view both immediate and long-term workforce development as a critical business survival strategy.
– The manufacturing industry contributes 6% of gross state product, significantly influencing Florida’s economy.