PMA Helps Members Take Advantage of GrantsWe've helped bring over $6 million into Polk County for worker training! The Polk Manufacturing Association has been very successful in helping our members apply for and receive state and local grant awards for skill upgrades of current workers and training of new employees. What better way to make your workforce more valuable than to keep their skills current to your needs! Workforce Development Grants Help Manufacturers Train Workers Whether with Polk State College Advanced Manufacturing Institute or another training provider, we can assist your company with the application process for EWT, QRT and IWT grants. Would you like to cut your training costs in half? The Employed Worker Training program could mean $$$ to you. Polk County companies are receiving local funding assistance for skills upgrade training for their employed workers. The Employed Worker Training (EWT) program is a locally funded resource from CareerSource Polk that can be used to meet many industry or company-specific training needs. CareerSource Polk Could Reimburse Up To 50% of Your Training Costs - PMA Can Help!
We want to help manufacturers become more competitive. Employees value the opportunity to acquire new skills that lead to increased productivity, positively impacting your bottom line. Workforce training grant funds are limited and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. PMA helps our members with the application process for both local and state grants. Investing in training your employees typically results in:
- Improved company efficiency
- Increased employee retention
- Heightened employee morale
- EWT (Employed Worker Training grants for current workforce administered locally through CareerSource Polk)
- QRT (Quick Response Training grants for new hires administered through WorkForce Florida Inc.)
- IWT (Incumbent Worker Training grants for current workforce administered through WorkForce Florida Inc.)