Early each year, members of MSCA visit Tallahassee to participate in Manufacturing Days at the Capital with other representatives from manufacturing associations across the state.
Both the Manufacturers Association of Florida and Associated Industries of Florida host events. They lobby and monitor a wide variety of legislation that affects manufacturers.
During Manufacturing Days, we visit our legislative delegation to talk about issues affecting us in Polk County as well as issues facing manufacturers on the state level.
MAF 2014 Legislative Agenda
- Advanced Manufacturing Research Matching Grants - $25 million for our 5 public research universities ($5 million each) to match manufacturing investment on a 2:1 basis (manufacturing 2: university 1)
- Industry Certification Funding - Continue/enhance funding to schools/colleges for industry certifications earned
- Quick Response Training Funds - $12 million for Quick Response Training Funds
- STEM Workforce Training - $30 million to upgrade Floridians’ skills for jobs available now
- Export Assistance - $1.5 million in export assistance to small manufacturers
- Tax on Commercial Leases/Rentals - Reduce, by .5%, the sales tax on commercial leases and rent
- Capital Investment Incentive Tax Credit - Improvements so more businesses can qualify