Center for Advanced Manufacturing Excellence (CAME) Florida Advanced Manufacturing Leadership [...]
Manufacturer Association of Florida The Board includes a representative and [...]
PMA is now the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Alliance of Mid Florida (MSCA).
Our name change reflects the special relationship and mutual reliance between Manufacturing and the Supply Chain. It also reflects the reality that our region is home to many large employers in transportation and warehousing and that this trend is expected to continue to grow.
Manufacturing is a conversion of energy and materials into tangible, value-added products that satisfy the quality, cost, and availability expectations of customers.
In achieving this end, manufacturing drives the need for suppliers of energy and materials, and providers of transportation, warehousing, technical, and construction services. It also drives the need for skilled workers.
We serve our members by providing a platform to promote and support the growth of manufacturers and their suppliers in Polk County, and the State of Florida. Our objectives are to:
– Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with local and state economic development agencies to support and promote the growth of manufacturing and supply chain logistics companies.
– Create a unified voice to influence legislative matters that affect the economic welfare and growth of manufacturers and their supply chain partners.
– Provide forums to facilitate the professional development of members and to exchange best practices regarding human resource administration, safety, quality, productivity, and sustainability.
– Partner with workforce education and training organizations to define, develop, and obtain funding for education and training programs that are relevant to the needs of manufacturers and their suppliers.
NEWS FEED *******************************************************************
Florida Senate and House Agree on Special Session
On May 15 the President of the Florida Senate and Speaker of the Florida House issued a joint proclamation calling for a Special Session from June 1 at 1:00 p.m. to June 20 (20 days). The stated purpose for the Special Session is to consider:
* identical appropriations bills and conforming bills to those passed by the House and the Senate during the 2015 Regular Session;
* identical bills on Amendment #1 that passed the House and Senate during the 2015 Regular Session, along with the Land Acquisition Trust Fund;
* identical bills on Medicaid that passed during the 2015 Regular Session;
* legislation on hospitals, state group insurance, direct primary care, recovery care, drug prescription by certain nurse practitioners and physician assistants and health care facilities similar to that during the 2015 Regular Session; and
* legislation similar to HB 7141 relating to taxation (House tax cut bill).
Legislative leaders have been meeting to iron out the details before all legislators return to Tallahassee for a vote.
Click on the “news” tab for more information